Post-judgment modifications allow for changes to a court order or divorce settlement so that it is more favorable to a certain party in the suit. Because of the sensitive nature of family law, it is important to obtain legal help from a firm knowledgeable in this area of law and can navigate the various aspects of any circumstance, including:
- Modification of permanent alimony or spousal support
- Modification of child support in a paternity judgment
- Modification of child support in a divorce judgment
- Modifying a temporary order for spousal or child support
- Modification of an order for payment of certain community debts or obligations
- Modifying a child custody and visitation order within a divorce judgment, paternity judgment, or temporary order in any case including domestic violence matter
Post-judgment modifications are an imperative area of family law as the future is unpredictable. There can be limitations on the ability to change the orders in place. This is why it is so important to partner with the right legal professionals. The language and limitations begin to be important to truly see changes occur in your divorce filings. Post-judgment modifications come into child custody and visitation, and your financial future changes. When it comes to your children you do not want to be in a position where you are limited by your divorce orders. This can be overwhelming so having the right professionals to navigate it all is pivotal.
The attorneys at Butler Law, PC understand the personal nature of family law and are committed to serving clients; call 619-514-3365 today to learn about how our professionals can best support you in this legal matter.